1. Central US, with a backwoods location - Located on the north bank of Bull Shoals Lake, on U. S. Highway 160, 44 miles east of Branson, 55 miles west of West Plains, 15 miles west of Gainesville, and 35 miles north of Mountain Home, Arkansas.
2. Mayberry, USA feeling - There are 255 folks in town as per the 2010 census. The Theodosia zip code has approximately 700 households, most in rural settings. The county of Ozark had 9356 inhabitants counted in that same census.
3. Friendly Climate - Theodosia has four seasons with relatively short winters. The average year around temperature is 61 degrees, average annual rainfall is 43 inches, including about 5% of it as snowfall, and the average frost-free growing season is 200 days.
4. Rolling Typography - It's hilly here, with elevations varying from the lake surface at 659 feet above mean sea level to ridge top peaks of 1000 to 1200 feet. This is perfect for long views and many creeks and hidden homesites, not to mention lots of cows with shorter legs on one side.
5. Modes of Transportation - Don't forget to bring your pick-ups, SUVs, boats, and hiking boots.